AICOMP Consulting Inc.
Greater Memphis Area
ABAP Senior Developer
Apply with Profile
The aicomp | group is the implementation partner and solution provider for product configuration in SAP. Its staff comprises more than 90 dedicated consultants and solution engineers worldwide. The groups’ headquarters in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and USA proves global coverage of individual customer solutions and consulting services. Over the past sixteen years, the aicomp | group has built a vast knowledge base of SAP® specific Quote-to-Cash and Variant Configuration implementations for companies within the manufacturing industry. The software add on VCPowerPack enables SAP customers to configure their products within SAP, seamlessly integrated, comfortable and fast.
In addition to its ERP roots the group pioneers the implementation and consulting for cloud services and mobile apps. As one of the first multinational SAP ByD users worldwide we always posses the latest and greatest knowledge of the fast- growing cloud-computing industry.
1. Job Title
Senior SAP Developer
2. Day-to-Day Duties to be performed
The employee is an experienced and motivated developer. He/ She has got a good knowledge about the architecture of SAP ECC and/ or S/4 HANA as well as excellent knowledge in ABAP OO and can perform complex ABAP programming, design, testing and debugging work related to the implementation, enhancement and support of SAP modules and custom solutions.
Through his/her years of experience with SAP consulting and ABAP development he/she fits our position to support our activities in our developing team and will actively work with aicomp's accomplished VCPowerPack software suite.
- Designs, develops, codes, and tests complex programs for SAP modules and functions using ABAP OO programming language.
- Debugs and corrects complex SAP module problems by using ABAP programming language to implement OSS notes
- Responsible for identifying new needs and requirements for the SAP AddOn VCPowerPack
- Design/Architect additional features and functionalities for the SAP AddOn VCPowerPack
- Quality assurance of the problem solving process and customer feedback
- Supporting the ongoing growth of the company’s development team
- Create training material/conduct customer training for industry solutions
- Responsible for the management of the industry solution packaging, delivery and release
- Responsible for the quality assurance of solution components
3. Scope of responsibility, Supervision
A Senior SAP Developer in our firm is responsible for leading and managing our solution development team in the functional and technical areas. He/She will oversee the planning of the resources and development team for internal/external projects.
- Prepares and monitors budget by gathering and organizing financial information; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Prepares resource planning sheets of all projects worldwide.
- Maintains records by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records.
- Prepares and organizes recurring management board calls, including the creation of agenda and writing meeting minutes.
The position will be responsible for support the delivery, packaging and release of industry solutions of the solution developing team. Furthermore he/she is responsible to coordinate the solving of problems within the company’s solution-developing department. He/she will work in coordination with the company’s development team and the company’s customers to ensure the support process and the delivery of solutions based on customer requests. The employee is responsible for directing the company’s support organization and providing resource allocation for all internal and external project activities.
Furthermore he/she will coordinate and execute ABAP development within customer projects. ABAP development includes definition, design, coding, unit testing and technical documentation. As well, he/ she is responsible for improving and optimizing the support processes.
We need motivated employees to establish a powerful solution development team to support development tasks in our US projects. For that, the company needs this position to fulfill the main targets:
- Consistent methodology and library to support the company’s customers and the ability to sell support contracts.
- Collect feedback and new requirements on the company’s development products for continuous improvement based on customer projects
- Coordinating the required resource allocations for customer projects and support within the development team
- Controlling, tracking and supervising the support process for the customers
- Training of our customers in the areas of support and maintenance
- Internal and external reporting of the developing activities
- Flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment and Ability to adapt to changes in work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
- Skills sufficient to maintain productivity in a fast-paced environment undergoing organizational changes.
5. Objectives for the assignment
Senior Solution Developer in our company requires:
- Excellent knowledge of the software SAP ECC or S/4 HANA itself
- Excellent knowledge of ABAP OO, Java is a plus
- A very good knowledge of Variant Configuration in SAP
- Customer specific development
- Skills in coordinating development within a team
- Experience in standard support structures
We prefer employees with the following job skills and years of experience:
- At a minimum 2 years of experience with SAP customer projects in Variant Configuration development/consulting
- At a minimum 8 years of experience in ABAP OO
- Industry specific knowledge of the paper and packaging industry
6. Supervision/ Manager
The employee will work closely with the project leads and the Head of Product development.
7. Minimum requirements
This position requires experience in the following fields/ needs the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience developing industry solutions
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with SAP customer projects as a Developer or Consultant
- At a minimum training in ABAP, ABAP OO or a similar development language
- University grade: at least a Bachelor’s degree, specialized in the field IT - preferably an IT-related Master’s Degree
- Must be capable of adapting to new technologies and be passionate about SAP development and integration
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire: